1. Eat a variety of fresh fruits & veggies! The more colorful your plate, the better health results you'll have!
2. Don't take your food dishes to the table with you. Serve yourselves on the counter, then take your plates to the table to eat. If you have to get up to get a second helping, you're less likely to do so!
3. Eat lots of cheese, and drink plenty of milk! Dairy products are supposed to aid in weight loss!
4. Keep healthy snacks on hand to munch on. Skim milk string cheese, nuts, fruit, etc. We cut up fruit, and put single serving sizes in baggies, so it's quick and easy to grab one and go!
5. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. It keeps you feeling full!
6. For each item you're eating, a healthy portion size is about the size of your fist. You may not feel that this is filling enough, but you'll get used to it, and will avoid over-eating!
We've implemented these habits, and have reaped the rewards from doing so! Happy eating!